Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fast Forward

Okay, so fast forward now to 2011. It's been a couple years since I first thought about surrogacy and I still want to do it just as much as ever. Even better? My husband is still on board-yay! In June, I give birth to a sweet and chunky little girl. During my pregnancy my husband and I had still planned to have one more after her but within a few months of her birth, not so much...Our family felt complete and we really didn't want to have another one. Besides, six kids is plenty, right?? So by the time baby was seven months old, my milk had come to a sad little dribble and she had weaned herself. Bittersweet. But, that meant that I was finally ready to take a *real* step towards being a surrogate. No more aimless researching the same stuff over and over, I knew what I wanted to do and I had already found an agency I wanted to work with. 

Pause for cute baby...swoon!




Anyways, as I was saying, the time felt right so I decided after much research on agencies to contact the one I had found years before. I don't know why, but I just kept coming back to it and had a good feeling about it. So in February 2012, I was 'signed' up. Now I just had to wait. That has been the hardest part in all of this. The waiting. Waiting for the right time to go for it. Waiting to get everything (paperwork) in order. Waiting for a couple to pick you. Waiting for medical exams, and more paperwork. I'm always waiting for something, it's a test in patience for sure! But I know it will all be worth it in the end. To watch a couple who has gone through so much to have a child, finally hold one in their arms. That's what it's all about and that's why I'm doing this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment